Business Improvement Tips - How to improve business productivity
- A green look at reducing cost from suppliers :
- Use suppliers who take back packaging for re-use
- The further the suppliers have to travel the more energy (and costs) will be used.
An example : a company had switched to importing an assembly in 1999 – a review showed they would save 2.5% by now buying from a local company in Milperra!
- All organisations contain some waste. (Wastes are in many forms: defects, over production, waiting, excessive travel, excessive inventory, excessive motion, under-utilised talent, excessive processing, paperwork, etc) – a good way to “see” waste is to visit other companies and see what they do! It’s amazing what you pick up to possibly use in your own operation.
- Learning continuous improvement, Lean or productivity improvement in the workplace always works by watching, doing and applying but rarely works using a classroom / workshop training approach.
- If 15 minutes a day is wasted searching for paperwork this is the equivalent of more than 1 week’s salary a year! Make sure you are organised and have a process!
- Average productivity in an 8 hour day in Australia is 60% and that’s less than 5 hours! Adding a 20 minute break involving exercise i.e. walking, will add up to an hour of productivity in the day.
- Case Study:
Question – What single thing made the biggest difference to your manufacturing and warehouse operations?
Answer – Getting the operators and staff involved in visual management not the managers.
For more information about the services offered by Performance Drivers please contact us on 61 2 9683 6200 or email email@example.com.