5 Workplace Tips
We asked 5 "Grey Haired Gurus"™ for their Best Workplace Tips
1. You need to re-invent and try new things in the workplace. Being over cautious in business will be your death knell. In ten years' time your regrets will be what you didn't try - not what you did try.
2. We make hundreds, if not millions, of micro-decisions every day - from what to focus our energy on, to how to respond to an email, to what to eat for lunch. You could easily argue that becoming a better (and swifter) decision-maker would be the fastest route to improving your daily productivity.
3. As a leader in business, ask yourself "have I had the perfect year as a leader?" because if you continue to do things the same way, you will get the same results.
4. Improving productivity is a daily activity. If you are not satisfied with what you have accomplished today then consider these 10 tips:
- Trust others by delegating well
- Is it necessary to have a meeting? if so, who should attend? - Really! Be ruthless!
- Have a 'to do list'
- People who take breaks are happier, healthier and more productive
- Unsuccessful people come home and watch TV. Successful people watch TV for less than one hour per day. What do you do with this time?
- Set goals and write them down
- Have a time set aside for mundane tasks such as emails, etc.
- Reward yourself when you achieve a goal or milestone
- Plan the next day in advance
- Every 30 minutes ask yourself "is what I'm doing right now productive?"
5. Do you want to improve your bottom line with process improvement tools such as Lean? Then start at the bottom! Improving efficiency starts at the frontline. Allow ideas to flow up the chain and you will see profit go up as well.
For more information about the services offered by Performance Drivers contact us on 61 02 9683 6200 or email email@example.com.